Skip to main content

From Avery to Zin and Some Things in Between


I cannot begin to fill the gap I have left not posting in my blog for over two months as so much has been going on with shows and kindles and rabbit clubs and stuff in my life outside of rabbits...I actually still have one of those!

My Silver Fox breeder friends are trying to form an official Silver Fox regional club and have specialty shows of our own twice a year. This required people to volunteer for officer and director positions, writing by-laws, and sending in an application to the ARBA. Just to make it more interesting, it was suggested that we do all that by April 1st if we want to have our first specialty show in autumn. We are down to that soft deadline being a week away and so much else is going on that I am skeptical about making it.

I also began helping the National Silver Fox Rabbit Club (NSFRC) with entering show reports so that our sweepstakes points could be calculated. They had not entered any since the start of the season, July 1st. That is what has keep be from updating my blog all this time. I will talk more about that at another time.

I did get my rabbitry registered with the ARBA so my rabbitry name is officially protected.



I have been to three shows since my last post and here are the highlights of two of them:


Miss Maggie's Avery  

1st of 6 senior does x 2 on March 2, 2019

I think she could have done even better if she had not just come off of her kindle and I had been able to regulate her feed to get her into better condition, but I was very pleased that she earned two legs and I had her registered. I am hoping that she will win her fourth at the next upcoming show, which will be her third that I will have (another long story) so I can grand her.


GC Carrot Garden's Astro Man

1st of 5 senior bucks on February 16, 2019
BOS, BOVS, and 1st of 10 senior bucks on March 2, 2019
This brings his leg count to five!


GC High Rock's Starry Knight

BOB, BOV, and 1st of 5 senior bucks on February 16, 2019
This gave him his third leg and he was granded soon after.

I have not received the exhibitor's reports yet from the last show in Greensboro, NC so I am holding off telling more about how challenging and wonderful that show was presently. However, while there I was taken off guard when Margaret Funck, whom I consider one of the top SF breeders in the nation, offered me an intermediate doe—one that was doing quite well at the show also! Her name is Zinfandel, Zin for short, and I am particularly pleased with this rabbit, which I will talk more about in following posts.