Skip to main content

A Tale of Three Sister Does

Tale of Tails Tirza Reserve in Show!

Once upon a time, there was a kindle of three does and the rabbit keeper could not keep all three, so she contacted a breeder east of her and another west of her to promise them one doe each, keeping one for herself. She had a very hard choice to make because all three were very similar in their beauty, but each doe would have her own tale to be told...

The Tale of Josea

Josea was one of my most loving of rabbits. I like to give my rabbits names with meaning, some to honor God and some as a blessing. Josea means "God will increase" and I hoped it would be a blessing of increase for the rabbitry that would be Josea's new home with the breeder to the west.  

I entered Josea in the May show in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. Because of a conflict with a family event, I was not able to attend, but my friend still planned to go so I delivered Josea to her new home a few days before the show. Josea then won Best of Breed in the first two shows for her first two legs as a junior and also Reserve in Show in the second show!

Tale of Tails Josea Reserve in Show!


The Tale of Nivina

Nivina can have different meanings but it was the Portuguese/Spanish meaning that drew me to the name: "bringer of good news." I wanted her to bless the breeder to the east by bringing good news as he was a newer breeder and she did bring very good news at the show in Carrollton, Georgia this week (June 4, 2022). Nivina won Best of Breed in the first and third shows as a junior for her first two legs!

The Tale of Tirza

The Hebrew meaning of Tirza is "pleasing" as I hoped that she would be pleasing to me and a blessing to my rabbitry...and I was very pleased at the show in Carrollton, Georgia. Although she was still junior age, I entered her as an intermediate because she exceeded the junior weight limit by a few ounces. Tirza won first place of seven in her class in the first two shows earning her first two legs and then Best of Breed in the second show...and then Reserve in Show! 

This win was particularly meaningful to me because the judge of the second show and for the Best in Show table for second show was also the judge for the Silver Fox National show just a few weeks previously. I could not attend the national show, but showing under the same judge was a big win in my mind! I mean, this judge had just seen the best Silver Foxes and he still picked Tirza over all the Best of Breed winners in this second show, although second to an amazing Palomino that won Reserve in Show in the first show and Best in Show in the second and third shows. 


The Rest of the Tale 

GC Tale of Tails Yanish, sire to the three sister does, won first of seven in senior bucks in all three shows and Best of Opposite Sex of Breed in the third show. He now has 16 legs, which matches the number of legs earned by his sire, GC Carrot Garden's Astro Man. Yanish also won second in fur.

GC Tale of Tails Atarah won first of eight senior does in the second show taking second in the other two. She now has four legs.

GC Tale of Tails Jaleesa won first of eight senior does in the third show and she now has five legs. 

My junior bucks have not yet been named but T2YIN3 likely will be soon as he took first of eleven in all three shows with Best of Opposite Sex of Breed in the second show. His brother took one second place and two third places also. They are out of a repeat breeding that produced grand champions, a brother and a sister from the first breeding of their parents.

I was also very pleased to watch as Atarah's sister, Tale of Tails Kitrah, won first of senior does in the first show for her second leg. Kitrah means "crown" in Hebrew and she was so named because I was hoping what she had to contribute would be highly valued by her owners. When she becomes a grand champion, she will be the sixth one of Yanish's offspring (not counting the grand bunnies).


Tale of Tails Tirza Best of Breed 
Tale of Tails T2YIN3 Best of Opposite Sex of Breed