Skip to main content

BGG-4 Turns 8 Weeks Old Today

Plan: Weigh the BGG kindle and Misty Blue
Goals: To update records on BGG and compare progress, decide on BGG4, to determine if Misty Blue is pregnant by weight gain.
Conclusion: All of BGG kindle gained weight by more than 20%. Still cannot decide about BGG4. Misty Blue did not gain any weight in the past week.


I LOVE bunny weighing days!

I like to take a good look at each bunny to see how it is progressing in growth, structure, and temperament. Today I hoped to make a decision about BGG4. I think I would like to keep her, but cage space.... If we actually do start having breedings that take with consistency, I may not really have the room until we phase out the NZWs. If space was not an issue, I would probably keep her.

It has been particularly cold here in the Southeast, dipping well below freezing which is a problem with making sure all the rabbits have access to water. Lately in the mornings, I have to bring in all the water bottles, place them in my sink filled hot water, and once thawed fill them and take them out to the rabbits. Thankfully, during the day the temperatures have been around freezing but sometimes the water does not freeze during the day. The reason I am mentioning this is that when I take the water out, all the rabbits drink and drink and drink, which means it could affect their weights. So, I waited until the afternoon to weigh them. I put the updates on the BGG-4 Bunnies page.



BGG1, our only buck in the kindle, is really pleasing me. He has a firm meaty body. If all the rest were bucks, this one would still be my pick for a brood buck!



BGG2 is a sweetheart. She is my pick for pet personality and I think she would make a good brood doe.



BGG3 is at bit skittish and difficult to settle down, plus she is smaller. She is just not showing traits that are pleasing to me.



BGG4 is my favorite of this kindle. She is large, sweet, and she has SF no-fly-back Black fur. I am considering that I might rather keep her.


I also weighed Misty Blue hoping that I would see that weight gain I would expect if she is pregnant but she weighs about the same as she did last week. She should be three weeks along, which it usually when I can feel the kits, but I have been fooled before so we shall she how next week goes.