Skip to main content

My Show Results Summary of 2018

Three rabbit breeders, now friends Hannah, Stephanie, and Beth, talked me into showing and since then my life has completely changed. Throughout the year, I have bought seven SFs, three bucks and four does.

I attended five shows, which included my very first rabbit show ever! Three in Georgia, one in Alabama, and one in South Carolina. Three were triples and two were doubles.

My sweet Tale of Tails Ciara did the poorest at the shows, yet was in all five. She did snag one 1st/3 at WGRC 10/6/18 as an Int and has earned total of 124 points. She has been a trooper in helping us make numbers and she is a sweetheart.

GC Miss Maggie's Leon is a five-year-old (retired to brood) buck, whom I never planned to show because he is obviously not in his prime and I did not want to stress him. However, to help us make numbers, I did take him to two shows. He surprised me by taking 1st/6 at SPRC 12/1/18 and in those two shows he earned 64 display points with 86.5 specialty points.

It is hard to say which of my rabbits did the best at the shows, because I have three that did very well.

GC Carrot Garden's Astro Man was entered into three of the five shows, in which he won 6 - 1st places, 3 legs, 3 BOVs, and 3 BOBs. He was the first rabbit I have had registered and he earned his GC certificate. Thanks to Hannah, who pulled me into one of her addiction buys, Astro Man was the first rabbit I bought from a breeder out of state, Amir Softic in NY, and had transported, which is how I met Katherine Anne Karpchuk, my favorite transporter. Astro has earned 161 display points and 221 specialty points.

High Rock's Starry Knight was entered into four of the five shows. He was the first of my rabbits to win a BOB and it was in my very first show with the very first judging! I was definitely hooked at that point! He has won 3 - 1st places, 2 legs, 1 BOV, and 1 BOB. He has also earned 4 - 2nd places and the reason I am adding his 2nd place wins is because of what I was told at the last show by one of the judges. Starry Knight was her top pick for BOB, but because of the significant urine stain he has (and has had) on his fur, she did not want to place him on the BIS table. In other words, he would have won a few more first places or will after he molts. I think he has good type and he should being the grandson of Leon, so I am not surprised that even though he has won less titles and legs as Astro Man, he actually is holding his own in display points. In our first show he earned 56 display points. In total he has earned 199 display points and 223 specialty points.

GC High Rock's Luna was entered into the first three shows. She won only a 1st place and 3 - 2nd places in the first two shows, which was a bit of a disappointment as she was my very best doe at the time. However she dominated the third show and won 3 - 1st/6 places, 2 BOVS, 2 BOS,1 BOV, and 1 BOB. Luna is now a grand champion. Also, she earned a total of 215 display points and 251 specialty points.

All in all:
2 Grand Champions
9 Legs
6 BOB/BOV
2 BOS/BOVS
763 Display Points
905.5 Specialty Points