Skip to main content

2021 NSFRC National and GSFRB Specialty Shows

I have started this post a few times in my mind and just could not get to writing it, partly because I am still in shock. However, I very much desired to share with you all how my Lord has done this for me and with me because, if not for God, this would not have happened.

When I started this journey going from a meat breeder of seven years into a show breeder, I knew the quality of Silver Foxes I was starting with were not ideal rabbits. Then one of the rabbits I had bought won Best of Breed in my very first show! I was so encouraged that I bought another buck that was transported from out of state along with his brother bought by a friend who assured me these would be good bucks for us both. Then I bought a doe from a well-known breeder to be transported to me from the ARBA Convention, which turned into a very disheartening public ordeal after the doe won Best of Breed and Best of Best there—I nearly quit on the idea of showing altogether, all this in only a few months time.

As rocky as this start was, all this time I heard God tell me that He was pleased with me in how I handled the situation and that He would bless me with rabbits. I remember thinking that this is just rabbits, so why would God do that, but I kept hearing it just about every time I even looked at a rabbit or thought about a rabbit. When I finally asked Him, He told me that what I love, He loves, and because He loves me and I love Him, He wanted to bless me with my rabbits—makes me cry every time I think about it. I mean, rabbits? God actually cared about me showing rabbits! So I thought then, even as imperfect as I am, I am going to be as good of an example of what a rabbit breeder should be in my dealings, in educating new breeders, and in helping with shows and clubs. And God, knowing my goals, kept on blessing me on the judges' tables and helping me meet my goals. 

As I was preparing for Dalton shows, which included the NSFRC National and GSFRB Specialty shows, I had a critical situation demanding my attention that was ongoing from a week before until two weeks after, just ending as I am writing this late post, so I had been quite exhausted. Not being well prepared or even having the energy to do so, I was in tears about to give up and thinking I would not go at all. I was hearing my Lord tell me He had a "present" for me several times throughout the week and I thought maybe it had something to do with the rabbit shows, but when I asked, He only told me it was a surprise. I wanted to go to the shows but I was so exhausted. Then my husband had the day to be home and helped with preparing the carriers and packing the van, so I had time to groom the rabbits and take a shower—I was so very grateful and that was enough of a present to me! 

However, God had something else in mind and I am so happy that I made it to the shows because even as tired as I was and how much more tiring the show was, it was an awesome weekend! The quality of Silver Foxes has increased so much that the competition made judging more challenging and winning even more meaningful. 

For all this, I thank my Lord and His blessing me with rabbits as He promised. I also thank the breeders who sold me good rabbits that made this possible. I may not win every show or any big show in the future, but I have this day to remember and I am thankful. I also was able to get some offspring with potential and solid genetics out to some new Silver Fox breeders in the southeastern region, which has always been my primary goal. May God's blessings with rabbits continue to spread out to other breeders as well and bring the Silver Fox into being a popular breed of rabbit. 


GC Tale of Tails Yanish
Yanish impressed the judges of both the National Silver Fox Rabbit Club's National and Georgia Silver Fox Rabbit Breed's Specialty shows in Dalton, Georgia on March 6-7, 2021, and won a number of titles! 


NSFRC National - March 6

Best of Best - against 110 Silver Foxes of the Black, Blue, and Chocolate Varieties
Best in Show / Best of Breed / Best of Variety - against 97 Black Silver Foxes
Best Senior Breed / Best Senior Variety - against 43 Black Senior Silver Foxes
Fur 7th Place - against 31 Black Silver Foxes

 


GSFRB Spring Specialty - March 7

Best of Best - against 79 Silver Foxes of the Black, Blue, and Chocolate Varieties
Best in Show / Best of Breed / Best of Variety - against 68 Black Silver Foxes
Best Senior Breed / Best Senior Variety - against 34 Black Senior Silver Foxes
Best Overall Fur - against 17 Black Silver Foxes




In addition, I was awarded Best Display for both the NSFRC National Show and GSFRB Spring Specialty Show. I really love these sweet cutting boards!


Tale of Tails Liraz
Liraz was another sweet surprise. Although he was a junior in age, I showed him as an intermediate because he had the size and we needed more rabbits in that class for a possible leg, which was the case for the GSFRB Specialty and he earned it.  

NSFRC National
2nd place - against 8 black intermediate bucks

GSFRB Specialty 
Best Intermediate Breed / Best Intermediate Variety - against 10 black intermediates
1st Place - against 5 black intermediate bucks


Thank you, my Lord, for my great present!