Skip to main content

Trying the Introduction Approach

Today I have moved Misty Blue into the empty cage next to Lancelot so that they will get a bit acquainted before I breed them together on Sunday. Misty Blue is one who is difficult to accept a buck. Moving the does away from the bucks did calm down their spraying thankfully, but now I want this pair to get interested in each other, so there may be some spraying...again. The things we rabbit keepers have to put up with!

Although I have Canyon bred and in the kindling suite due in just over a week, this pairing will be the first purebred Silver Fox breeding in house for two years and I cannot wait to see what the breeding of these two will produce! Lancelot carries Chocolate and Blue, but I do not know if Misty Blue carries chocolate. If she does, I could see our first Chocolate and maybe even a Lilac!