Skip to main content

BMB-5 at 7 Weeks Old

I decided to wean the BMB-5 kindle just before they turned seven weeks old because I was not seeing them nurse at all and Misty Blue seemed to be drying up. I placed them all in a cage neighboring their mother and the next morning I placed the two smallest back in with her, but only one tried to nurse and was not really able to do so. This, in addition to their weight gain seems to still be on track, confirmed to me that it was a good call.

I am very happy to see now large BMB5, the black with Silver Fox fur, is at seven weeks old, I might offer him as a hybrid brood buck. BMB4 lost the nail on the toe that was injured and it is still healing, but there is no infection and the swelling has reduced, so I am pleased but she is labeled as a cull rabbit, being that she is small. BMB3 is the second largest and could be a good hybrid brood doe. BMB2 is a pretty cottontail bunny that is in the middle with weight and temperament. BMB1, the chinchilla I am considering, is the one who comes up to me the most, but he is rather small and I am running out of cage space, so I am still considering.

The picture below is of the three largest BMB bunnies. BMB3 is the Black Gold-tipped Steel on the left. BMB5 is the Black in the middle. BMB2 is the Chestnut on the right.