Skip to main content

GC Carrot Garden's Astro Man takes Reserve in Show!


I did not want to dare hope when Judge Donyelle Schultz took Astro Man out for a second look on the Best in Show table at the Dalton show, but then I heard her announce he was her pick for Reserved in Show. I screamed involuntarily. I cannot tell you how rare it is for a Silver Fox to be pulled out just to have a second look, but to be picked RIS! I will say that Astro just was in prime condition that day from nose to toes! He won first of senior bucks in four of the five shows that weekend.

Of course, Astro would not stay still to pose for pictures at the show at all in hopes of looking for the does he could smell, no doubt for it was spring. The judge and I just gave up! Then he would not hold a proper pose for me when I tried to take a picture of him with his awards at home either. I think the "I don't have to because I am already a star" attitude has gone to his head! So, forgive the lousy lines and just trust that when he posed correctly, he looks more like he is worth the award he won.