Skip to main content

Some Furry Things in the Nests

While I have two kindles just a day apart right now, I am so excited about my newest kindle born Thurdsay, because this is my first one I have had with both parents of my own breeding. Tale of Tails Kieran (4 legs) and Ravyn (1 leg) produced six blacks and one blue, although the blue was DOA. At least now I know that Kieran also carries blue.

Kieran is on the heavy side of silvering with longer fur and has amazing depth. Ravyn is very lightly silvered and lacks in quality of her fur and depth but has a well positioned peak and when coupled with the right buck, she throws some nice kits.

Ravyn's first breeding was with High Rock's Starry Knight and they produced two very nice does: Porsche and Mercedes. Porsche as a junior won her first leg with 1st of 11 and then BOS in March at Dalton in Show C. Mercedes won 2 legs with 1st of 11 in Show B and 1/7 in the Meat Lovers Show. I am having a difficult time deciding which one I will be keeping. Both have good depth that neither one of their parents had, but in the lines on both sides was Miss Maggie's Leon who did. Leon was Ravyn's sire and and also great grandsire on her dam's side. On Starry Knight's dam's side, Leon was Starry Knight's grandsire and his granddam's sire (so also his great grandsire).

All this tells me is that the genetics are there even when not seen. Since Kieran was sired by Leon and looks so much like him, I am hoping to see some nice quality in this kindle even though I know genetics are only somewhat predictable. Still, it would be quite nice to have a second generation Tale of Tails Grand Champion!