Skip to main content

Grace By Another Name


Any one who knows me knows that I have a thing about names. For the most part, I believe they should be meaningful. My grandfather, a pony man, used to tell us to be careful what you name a pony or a horse because that is often what they become...and he had quite a number of them that he raised and actually proved that point. So, I have always just had a thing for knowing the meaning behind a name. With my pets and rabbits, I try to go for the unique and often foreign names also.

Yesterday I decided to keep a junior doe from Starry Knight and Zinfandel, who was the smallest of the kindle. She is still on the small side for her age, but I love her depth, shoulders, and fur. I just have a feeling about her, that she may improve with age. 

Since the COVID-19 pandemic is increasing in numbers throughout the world and particularly in the United States presently, I was searching for a name that had a special meaning to me and one that honored my Lord; the word "grace" kept coming to me as I thought about it. Then I found it: Shaunte. It means God's grace with a Hebrew origin.