Skip to main content

Show Records Updated and in Review

This weekend I completed the update of all my show records, including each rabbits' records online. However, seeing it in summary form is a good reminder to me how my rabbitry stands and how it got to where it is. 

I posted this to offer perspective for my readers as well. I am hoping you will understand that earning legs and sweeps points, and winning at rabbit shows would not have happened at all if I had not actually attended shows...many shows and some when my rabbits did not win anything. I had to attend to have the opportunity to win, but going to any show is never a guarantee of winning. What you will not see in these statistics is how many times each rabbit did not win as each one was in the process of earning its legs and points. Astro Man and Starry Knight are the only two left that started with me in the fall of 2018 and two grand champion senior does from that first show season had been culled. These records also do not include the rabbits, juniors to seniors, I either culled or sold with a few of them having earned legs also.

On the note of how many shows I have attended, I would like to add that if I summed up all the show fees alone (not including travel expenses), I think it would scare me out of showing completely. So, I am just not going there! However, this is another reason why every single award, ribbon, point, and placement is just as important to me as when I first started showing.


Attended Shows 
I have been to 88 shows on 29 weekends since I started showing on October 6, 2018, including five specialty, two national, and one ARBA Convention shows. I have shown in nine states with only two not being in my state or a bordering state, which was the 2019 Silver Fox National Show and the 2021 ARBA Convention. It all averages out to be about three shows per show weekend.


Current Seniors/Breeders

Reserve in Show Awards
  • March 2020 - GC Carrot Garden's Astro Man
  • October 2020 - GC Tale of Tails Yanish

NSFRC Open Sweepstakes Points
  • 2021 - 5462 points - First Place
  • 2020 - 4226.5 points - First Place
  • 2019 - 3003 points - Third Place 

And in the end, the only way any breeder wins is by breeding better rabbits. That is the never-ending challenge regardless of past records!