Skip to main content

BMB4 Injured a Toe

Sunday was bunny weight day for BMB-5 as they are now 5 weeks old. I love bunny weighing days,  but there is no day that I love to see an injury...and I saw that BMB4 had what looks like a broken toe.

I do not know how or when or what, but I imagine it happened within the day as I handle the bunnies every day and I would not have missed it. I saw how swollen and bruised it was, and with the nail in such an odd position, it was quite noticeable. It did not appear to have any broken skin. 

So, I plan to keep an eye on it and just allow it to heal naturally with a little of my homemade salve to help reduce the swelling and reduce the risk of infection.

Today the toe was looking less swollen and red. She is getting around and not favoring it. She even allowed me to touch and feel around, so it is not too sensitive to touch, which makes me wonder if it is broken or was caught and twisted I can only wait and see how looks once the swelling is completely gone.